The power of fealty

Yesterday I travelled to a local village to see the new King and Queen and revel with friends from far and wide.  I arrived early and helped my brothers establish a presence on the shores, pitching canvas and helping those around us.  It was great to see many heroic warriors cross swords and perform great deeds of arms. 

As the sun wanted we moved to the great Hall where court was held.  As court proceeded, I watched as the peers of the realm, the Laurel's and Pelican's and Master's of defense swore fealty to the Crown.  Each time the power of the words reverberated deep into my heart.  I felt the words strike deep as the Knights of the Chivalry knelt and gave their oath of fealty yo the crown.  Their words carried such weight and power throughout the great Hall.  So many talented and honorable warriors bending knee and echoing solemn words, that I know no enemy could stand against them. 

As the opportunity was granted to the populace to swear their oath of fealty I moved to my place among those bending knee.  As I knelt and placed my hand on the shoulder of the good gentle in front of me, I felt the weight of those around me as their hands were placed firmly upon my shoulders and arms tying us to the sword of the crown.  Our words were spoken, the oath made in the presence of the Gods and the Crown, made with the knowledge that to break the oath would be to bring both Justice and Vengeance down upon our heads. 

As we rose from our knees, there was no doubt the strength of the Midrealm present in that great Hall.  I, Torstein, had much time to reflect upon this after the winds filled my sails and carried me home. I look forward to serving the Midrealm and the Crown in whatever capacity I may. 

Draco Invictus! 

Comments