Barony of the Shattered Crystal: Crystal Ball XXXIV Nov 10-12, 2017

http://www.shatteredcrystal.org/
It was late when the crew was all gathered and our equipment loaded.  We sped towards our destinations, the Gods willing us along to our destination, keeping the rough seas at bay.  It was dark when we arrived at the shores of the Barony of the Shattered Crystal, the faint glow of the village lit our path to the place we would camp for the tourney.  Our tired crew, Lord Malcolm, Lord Dimarus, and I reported to King Cellach MacCormaic, where we were given our instructions for camp.  After waking, we hurried over to the lists and were once again greeted by the Royal Majesties, who inquired whether I was ready to fight.  I humbly explained that I was unable to fight this tourney as I was suffering from an ailment of the kidney and that I was going to enjoy a quiet relaxed time at the Ball with no major excitement.  I was wished well and soon the fights began.  Lord Malcolm and Lord Dimarus were armored up and ready to fight, beginning with the spear tourney held by her Royal Majesty Vukasin.  Many great fighters had come from far and wide to enter the tourney, and there were countless examples of bravery displayed, as opponents clashed and vied for the favor of her Royal Majesty.  At the end of the spear tourney, Duke Ullr Amaranthson from Dragonsmark would take the honor of winning.  
Photo by His Royal Majesty, King Cellach

After the spear tourney concluded, the brave fighters were greeted by the fairy queens and princesses who announced a tourney to be held in their honor, the fighters were set to fight bouts and as they fought, the queens selected the champions who would fight in their service, either the Winter Fae, or the Summer Fae.  Lord Malcolm found himself among the ranks of the Winter Fae, while Lord Dimarus was selected to fight for the Summer Fae.  The two sides met in battle, pressing for advantage at the barrier wall, through the gate of the keep, across the bridge and finally to the small courtyard to fight in front of the two fairy queens and their princesses.  Her Royal Majesty Vukasin, with what magic I know not, was able to change several favored fighters to the sides of the Summer Fae, including Lord Malcolm.  This caused question for Lord Malcolm as he was committed to fight for the Winter fairy queen to fulfill his oath to her.  After a bout, he reported to the Winter fairy queen and announced his dismay that somehow, he had been changed to the Summer Fae side, but his desire was to fulfill his oath and contract to the Winter Fae.  As such, the Winter Fairy Queen presented Lord Malcolm with a draught and bade him to drink deeply of it, as he did so, his colors changed back from the Summer Fae’s greens and yellows to the deep purple and blue of the Winter Fae.  This transformation completed he returned to battle which soon ended, the results of which are still unknown to me.  
A feast was held, and I regret my inability to attend, though I was informed of great feats of the culinary arts.  After feast, court was held, it was at this time that I joined my companion Lord Dimarus and a few other members of his household in the front of the court.  As court began their Royal Majesties asked for those willing to come and swear fealty.  It was pressed upon the gravity of the decision I would make, but I could think of no greater King and Queen to swear fealty to, so I took my leave of my companions and knelt before my King and Queen and uttered the following:
“I here swear fealty and do homage to the Crown of the Middle Kingdom,
To uphold the laws and customs of the Midrealm,
To serve where serve I might,
According to my knowledge and ability.
Thus swear I, Torstein inn granrauði
http://middlewiki.midrealm.org/index.php/Main_Page

After the King and Queen accepted my oath and fealty, the King leaned over and whispered to me, “I thought you said this wasn’t going to be an exciting time?” I stood, a sheepish grin on my face, proud to be of service and having committed myself to the Crown and to the Midrealm.  I returned to my companions, with many pats on my back and words of encourage as court continued.  After court, an amazing ball was held, and all the lords and ladies were dressed in their finest.  As a humble Norse craftsman and warrior, I felt vastly out of place amongst such finery.  The king spotted my companions and I and introduced us to three lovely ladies (I was so nervous I failed to remember their names) who were asked to teach us in the customs of their dance.  Soon we were bumbling along, trying not to trip up or dishonor the ladies as the music surrounded us in the great hall.  It was a joyous time, with much laughter and soon, I retired from the company of those around me to rest back in my camp.  The next morning I awoke, to find camp being packed, so once again we began the journey home.  We stopped at the House of Huddle for a fine breakfast meal and after our bellies were full, we journeyed back to Barony of Middle Marches arriving safely on its shores late in the day.
These things I write by my own hand, on the 13th day of November, 2017,
Signed, Torstein inn granrauði

Comments

Popular Posts